I’m really impressed with this, it’s like something you’d see on a graffiti wall in somewhere like New York.
When Liam is slightly rude he’s an ‘asshole’ or ‘dick’ but when Louis is blanetly rude he’s ‘funny’ or ‘sassy’. Like, I like Louis and I’m not trying to come for him but the double standards in this fan base need to stop. Stop being willfully blind to your faves.
I have no problem with cultural exchange or borrowing things from another culture. That’s inevitable, and it’s been happening for thousands of years. The Ancient Romans basically appropriated the entire Greek pantheon and just called the gods and goddesses different names and integrated Greek Mythology with Roman things. We have loan words in English from several different languages, like media (Latin), restaurant (French), and chrome (Greek).
But what I do have a problem with is the bastardization of cultures. Taking an a culture, completely warping it and adding a bunch of crap to it that you think is correct and then portraying the culture as that thing, basically stereotyping everyone in that culture, and it is so fucking annoying.
For example, many people tell me they know ‘African dance’ when I tell them I’m Nigerian, but then it ends up being the same stereotypical bullshit that pretty much looks like ‘african inspired’ modern dance. Again, ‘African inspired’????? What country? What tribe? An entire continent can’t be condensed into a perfect picture that fits your agenda of what African cultures should be like. Same goes for any other culture or region of the world. You can’t condense all of Indian culture(s) or European cultures into a single stereotype to be manufactured and packaged for everyone to pick and choose from.
It’s extremely annoying when you tell someone you’re from a certain place, and all they rave on to you about or show you is some stereotype or manufactured bullshit that they pulled out of their ass. When people tell me they learn African music, I don’t know which part of Africa you’re talking about because there are PLENTY of cultures all over Africa. When you tell me you made ‘Asian inspired’ rice, I don’t know what country or culture you’re talking about, because there are PLENTY of cultures in Asia.
TLDR: I’m not angry if you take interest in cultures other than your own, and I think that’s a perfectly fine thing to do, but taking a culture (or in some cases an entire continent) and basically condensing it into a giant stereotype and acting as if that’s the true culture is where I get pissed..
Liam is Zayn’s superhero because he always hold on him.
- What to do when your friend is talking about suicide
- What to do if someone you know is overdosing
- What to do if your friend is hurting themselves
- First Aid for self harm
Finding Therapy, Doctors, & Medication
- Something Fishy - How will I pay?
- Mental Health America - How do I find treatment?
- Free/Cheap Medication
- The Medicine Program
- Find a Therapist
- Good Therapy.org
- Insurance Issues
- Qualities and Skills of a Good Counselor
- The Difference Between a Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Therapist & Counselor
- Extreme Hunger During Recovery
- About Water Retention During Recovery
- 281 Reasons to Recover
- Relapse Prevention
- Dealing with Bloating in Recovery
- Bloating, Indigestion, & Feeling too full
- Talking to Others About Your Mental Health Issues
- Managing Stress
- Why You Must Eat
- What is ED Recovery?
- You have no obligation to be weighed
- Learning to Love Your Body
- True Facts Our Abuse-Culture Doesn’t Want You to Know
- Tips to Overcoming and Eating Disorder from Women Who Have Recovered
- How to Eat a Fear Food
- 16 Baby Steps to Help You Cope with the Pain of Perfectionism
- 10 Things to Do When You Feel Like Crap
- Why You Should NOT Self-DiagnoseSubstance Addictions:
Restrictive Eating Disorders:
- Phases of Recovery From a Restrictive ED
- Tips to Stop Restricting
- Why You Must Regain Weight to Recover
- Eating Disorder Support Groups
- Gaining Weight After Anorexia: What To Expect
- Dealing With Weight Gain
Binge & Compensate Disorders:
Binge ED/Compulsive Eating Disorders
- Food Addicts Anonymous Meeting Finder
- Overeaters Anonymous Meeting Finder
- The “I need to lose weight” Mindset with BED
- Eating Disorder Support Groups
- Daily Meditation for Compulsive Overeating/Binge EatingGeneral Anxiety:
- Coping with Suicidal Thought
- 10 Tips on How to Work Through Feelings of Social Isolation
- 8 Tips to Overcome Loneliness
- Tips On Dealing With Depression In College
- Antidepressants: Selecting one that’s right for you
- What to expect with antidepressants
Family and Friends:
Pretty upset that tumblr isnt signal boosting this tbh I thought we were a loving community..
But for those of you who aren’t aware, a plane from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing has been missing for over 24 hours
Hope the tumblr community will have the passangers and flight crew in your prayers and your thoughts
its been over 48 hours and still no sign :( Let’s continue praying they are still alright
YOU KNOW WHAT MAKES ME ANGRY
SOMETIMES I TRY REALLY HARD TO LOOK NICE LIKE I WAKE UP AND GET MOTIVATED AND PUT ON NICE CLOTHES AND BRACELETS AND SHOES AND I FEEL GOOD
AND THEN SOME CHICK WEARING SWEATS AND A MESSY BUN STILL LOOKS 40 TIMES HOTTER THAN ME I CANT WIN